See below for 2021 Resources for Lent: (1) a Lent Calendar for 2021, (2) a two-page reflection & lectio divina for each week and (3) USCCB Reflections on 12 topics, including prayer, fasting, alms giving, confession & reconciliation, etc.
Additional Lent Resources from USCCB: USCCB RESOURCES
During Lent, we are asked to devote ourselves to seeking the Lord in prayer and reading Scripture, to service by giving alms, and to sacrifice self-control through fasting. Many know of the tradition of abstaining from meat on Fridays during Lent, but we are also called to practice self-discipline and fast in other ways throughout the season.
In Lent, the baptized are called to renew their baptismal commitment as others prepare to be baptized through the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, a period of learning and discernment for individuals who have declared their desire to become Catholics.
The key to fruitful observance of these practices is to recognize their link to baptismal renewal. We are called not just to abstain from sin during Lent, but to true conversion of our hearts and minds as followers of Christ. We recall those waters in which we were baptized into Christ's death, died to sin and evil, and began new life in Christ.
Here, you will find a variety of suggestions and resources below to help you "raise up," "sacrifice," and "offer" during this Lent and to embrace your baptismal commitment. They are a wonderful way to focus on prayer and the Word of God!
- Lent Calendar 2021.pdf
- Almsgiving - Love in a Troubled World.pdf
- Feb 17 - Ash Wednesday.pdf
- Feb 17 - Ash Wed Lectio Divina.pdf
- Feb 21 - 1st Sun of Lent.pdf
- Feb 21 - 1st Sun Lent - Lectio Divina.pdf
- Feb 28 - 2nd Sun of Lent.pdf
- Feb 28 - 2nd Sun Lent - Lectio Divina.pdf
- Mar 7 - 3rd Sun of Lent.pdf
- Mar 7 - 3rd Sun Lent - Lectio Divina.pdf
- Mar 14 - 4th Sun of Lent.pdf
- Mar 14 - 4th Sun Lent - Lectio Divina.pdf
- Mar 21 - 5th Sun of Lent.pdf
- Mar 21 - 5th Sun Lent - Lectio Divina.pdf
- Mar 28 - Palm Sunday.pdf
- Mar 28 - Palm Sunday - Lectio Divina.pdf
- 10 Pointers for Prayer.pdf
- 10 Things to Remember For Lent.pdf
- Lent - Fasting - Abstinence for Lent.pdf
- A Reflection on Lenten Fasting.pdf
- Confession - Try It, You'll Like It.pdf
- Exploring New Ways to Pray.pdf
- Finding Hope in Suffering.pdf
- Good Friday Reflection.pdf
- Lenten Resolutions for Married Couples.pdf
- Letting Go to Follow Christ.pdf
- Reconciled to Right Relationship.pdf
- To Fast - Or Not.pdf