Dear First Graders & Parents,
Each week, students must complete three different spelling activities from the list below. Students, along with parents, may choose any of the activities listed. The activities range in timing and difficulty. Templates for some of these activities are attached. Please feel free to make copies or let me know when you are in need of additional sheets. Completed spelling activities will be collected every Friday.
• Write each word 5 times
• Rainbow writing
• Pyramid writing
• Draw a picture for each spelling word
• Write spelling words in ABC order
• Have an adult give you a pre-test
• Write a sentence for each spelling word
• Create and solve your own word search puzzle
• Cut out letters from magazines, newspapers, etc. Spell and paste words on a sheet of paper.